Monday, March 17, 2014

CSA Boxes

 I thought we'd try something a little different this year for our CSA customers to tote their weekly lot of produce home in.  It's always a hard thing to figure out, what to put the produce in to send it on it's way.  Lately more than ever I have a hatred for plastic bags (even reused ones).  Canvas bags provided by the farm get worn and dirty.  I took a cue from a farm I admire in New York and thought about using wooden crates with a farm symbol branded into the wood.

With my father being a blacksmith, I asked him if it would be possible for him to make an iron brand and actually burn the brand into the wood.  He replied that he'd been toying with the idea of making a branding iron for some time, so he jumped on the project and got to work.

That same father also happens to be a carpenter, so he also graciously and efficiently slapped 20 boxes together.  The finished product is beautiful, I think, and hopefully it will be functional for
 the CSA members.

CSA is the main way we're marketing our vegetables this season, and there's still spaces left.  See the CSA page for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment